Monday, March 30, 2009

Electronics update - 23 March

From Morgan McDermont, 23/03/09:

"Wed 1st sounds good to me if the engine has a crank in it.

An update on EE stuff:

I have got all the 06/07/08 lipos and charging gear, which 08 no longer requires. This means we have a new charge regulator the same as 07's (ie: it will not charge below 4000rpm, but works great above that). This will do until a better solution comes along, only possible issue will be re-packaging the monster-box behind 06's seatback...

I found the fault in the 06 powerboard (which 07 killed on the morning of their US enduro) and I've got enough bits to fix it.

Re: rear wheelspeed magnet rings: are you sure the one you have was a spare Jono? I was looking for these last year when I did the torque sensors, and I found (what I thought was) the 06 spare then. I *think* it is still in the box with the rest of Slobodan's stuff in the lab. Is it possible that we actually found 06's LH and RH rings and the spare is still AWOL? Or have we both re-found the same ring?

I've found the original 06 fuel pressure sensor. However the blue anodised t-piece that holds it to the fuel rail is missing, and is unlikely to be found (read: it's in the lab). Callan/Pete: can we buy another? I looked for it and noone knows where it went...

I still can't find that extra driveshaft with the 07-spec inductive torque sensor on it. This means we have to use 08's spares, but that is cool with 08. They aparrently will fit.

It looks like the barb on our second waterpump was butchered/murdered by 08 to fit to the dyno for a pump comparison test. However we only ever had 2 pumps because we were worried about reliability of the new pump type. 07 only had one and ours never broke so I suggest we modify the return pipe and just use one. If we want two we will also have to re-make the L-fitting between them as its still missing. All we will need is a longer blue silicone hose. AFAIK there was some spare in the fluids crate but its prolly gone by now. Stu, have you seen any lying around?

I borrowed the front linear pots from 07 as it turns out they are relatively easy to replace there, and the wire lengths are ok. This way we can fit them to 06 before the engine goes back in, and give the new ones to 07 if/when they finally arrive. Miller, did you dig up the invoice for those? Most other bits should be ok to use. If we can get a good idea when we are likely to want to first run engine/ drive it, we can give 08 some warning and borrow the ADL/telem for troubleshooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment